Trust accounting and auditing seminar. 29 September 2022
Personalrestaurant Piazza Credit Suisse Uetlihof
1st floor Patino
The Swiss Association of Trust Companies in conjunction with STEP invite you to a Trust Accounting and Auditing Seminar.
- Andrew McCallum
FINMA considers accounting to be a core activity for trustees. By means of a practical case study to illustrate the points being covered, the seminar shall:
- Address whether and why trust accounting is necessary
- Consider whether it is a legal requirement to prepare trust accounts
- Consider why trust accounts and tax numbers are very often different
- Investigate what are appropriate accounting policies to use in trust accounts
- Address whether separate income and capital accounts are necessary in the financial statements
- Review the contents of trust accounts, using a practical case study as an example
- Consider audits of trusts: what does your auditor actually do in an “audit” and what are the different types of audits available to you as trustees?
Who is the trust accounting seminar for?
The seminar is for trustees who wish to improve their understanding of trust accounts, and how to drive value from trust audits. The seminar will be held in English.
16.15 Coffee break
16.30 Seminar followed by Q&A
Registration by: Wednesday 28 September 2022
Cancellations must be received within five working days of the date of the seminar. After this time, cancellations cannot be accepted. Only cancellations made in due time will be refunded. Substitutions may be made at any time.
The fee includes the course, records and a refreshment.